1. I am an artist who works in the public realm. Sometimes, it's clear that I am an artist. Other times, it's in the background. On purpose.
2. It's fun to take risks. Artjob.ninja is a job posting site I have dreamed about making for years. It's live! Sign up and check it out. Please.
3. Have you ever made a video for a product you want to exist? I did. If you work in the public realm, this one is for you.
4. A friend has just published Long Division, a new online magazine for inquiry and art. She included my portfolio fill 'er up?.
5. I helped to create Pittsburgh's Office of Public Art in 2005. I serve as the director and work with great colleagues to make public art dreams come true. Like publishing the third edition of our guide to art in public places. Or creating Pittsburgh Art Places. Or helping to bring Congregation to Market Square. Or publishing this resource guide for artist residencies in the public realm.
6. Two Girls Working is my collaboration with Tiffany Ludwig. Our new project Taking Stock was presented at Space Gallery as part of the Pittsburgh Biennial. The project features responses by men to the question: what do you do that makes you feel valuable?
7. Who needs free time? I love working with nice people on good projects. Read more.
8. The books on my nightstand are an intimidating pile. I just read this and loved it.
9. I spent four wonderful weeks at the Jentel artist residency this winter and made this video from 15 years of old drawings.
10. If you need to reach me, try reneepiesystems at gmail. com.